Last update: May 21, 2018
For the purpose of the The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 , the data controller for any personal information we hold about you is U Studio, Ljubljanska cesta 32, 8311 Kostanjevica na Krki, Slovenia.
We collect and process only the data that is required to provide you our services. When you browse or shop at www.utopiast.com we collect the following data:
– We collect your email address when you sign up to receive UTOPIAST newsletter.
– We process the personal data required to complete and despatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
– If you register for a UTOPIAST account, we collect your email address and password.
– When you contact our Customer Care team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
– We collect and process data about your browsing on www.utopiast.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages.
– If you are a customer of www.utopiast.com, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
– If you provide us with someone else’s data – for example, if you purchase a product or a gift card to be delivered to a friend or as a gift – we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend. If you are receiving an item as a gift, we will process your data only to fulfil the gift request and our contractual obligations.
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
– When you sign up for our marketing communications, we will ask you for your email address. If you would prefer not to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our Customer Care team at email@example.com.
– When you visit www.utopiast.com, we will collect the minimum personal data necessary to allow us to provide you with the services of the website, such as placing and holding items in your shopping bag.
– When you visit www.utopiast.com, we will use some data about your use of the website to help us improve the website and our promotion of the website. This will include data about how you came to the website; the date and time of your visit; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
– When you purchase a product from www.utopiast.com we ask you for the personal data necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you including taking payment, any related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit/debit card, billing, shipping and delivery of the product and possible handling of the return.
– If you have purchased from www.utopiast.com, we will use the personal data we hold about you, including your purchase history, to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. This contact will normally be done via email. If you would prefer not to be contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe from emails at any time using the link on the bottom of the email or by contacting our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– We analyze contact data, purchase history, web browsing data and lifestyle data to tailor our marketing communications, web site presentation and internet advertising to meet your preferences. For example, if you have been browsing or have previously purchased a particular product, we may send you an email to tell you that these are now on sale or display similar products to you as part of our internet advertising.
– When you contact our Customer Care team, we will use the personal data you provide and that we have collected to respond to your requests for help or information.
Under the Law we must have a valid reason for using your personal data. These are the reasons for our use of your personal data:
– Most of the data we collect from you is necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you or to enter into a contract with you – for example you provide a billing/shipping address and email address when you purchase an item from www.utopiast.com so that we can process your payment and send you your order confirmation.
– In certain circumstances we will ask for your permission to use your personal data if we would like to send you marketing information about items we believe may be of interest to you via email. You are entitled to withdraw this permission at any time.
– We may also have a legitimate interest in using your personal data to ensure that the content of our website is presented to you and your device as effectively as possible, or to ensure that our marketing communications are relevant to your interests. If this is our reason for using your data, we must make sure that our interests do not override yours and you are entitled to object to this use of your data.
– Lastly, we may be required to use your data to meet a legal obligation or to protect your interests – for example we may exchange data with other specialist organisations for the purposes of fraud detection and we will retain financial data long term to meet our statutory obligations.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service but only to the extent necessary to provide these services. The third parties in question belong to the following categories: banking operators, internet providers, couriers, companies that carry out marketing activities, including social media organisations, companies specialising in market research and data processing and companies providing publishing and distribution services. These parties have been rigorously assessed and offer a guarantee of compliance with the legislation on the processing of personal data. Saved card details will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner’s systems.
Under some circumstances we may be required to disclose or share your data without your consent, for example if we are required by the police, the courts or for other legal reasons. Your data may be transmitted to the police, judicial and administrative authorities, in accordance with the law, for the investigation and prosecution of crimes, the prevention of and protection from threats to public security, to allow U Studio to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court, as well as for other reasons related to the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
We may also transfer your personal data to a buyer or potential buyer in the event that our assets are acquired by another organisation. If www.utopiast.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide you the services or customer support. Your personal data are retained in accordance with the following criteria:
– when you provide us with personal data in order to use the services of www.utopiast.com we will keep your data for this purpose until the termination of the service or until you cancel your subscription to the service,
– when you have purchased goods from www.utopiast.com, we will retain the billing data until the end of the relevant accounting period,
– when you make a payment, we will retain your payment details up to the certification of the payment and the completion of the relevant administrative-accounting formalities regarding your right of withdrawal and the terms applied for the disputing of the payment.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Your rights are the following:
– You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you (and we will provide this to you free of charge once we have confirmed your identity).
– If you have given us your consent to use your personal data for marketing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” on our marketing email or sending us an email to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can sign into your account on www.utopiast.com and update your requirements. You may receive a small number of further communications immediately after unsubscribing but we will implement your request as quickly as possible.
– You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. After receiving and reviewing your request, if legitimate it will be our responsibility to promptly cease processing and to delete your personal data.
To exercise any of these rights, you can sign in to your account, contact our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that the data of our users are not subject to breaches or illegitimate use by third parties, we will ask you to confirm your identity before carrying out your request.
All you personal information are available to you in your personal account on UTOPIAST webpage. In case you want to access them please visit the website and after logging into the site using the “Sign In” menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the “My Account” section.
When your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend or delete your personal information by making the changes in your account. You can change or delete saved credit/debit card details or edit a shipping/billing address. Please do not change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed.
If you prefer, you may contact us by email at email@example.com and we will help you with your request.
When you register on www.utopiast.com, you will be given the option to subscribe to our newsletter which will send you email alerts for new products, features, special offers, contests, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by UTOPIAST. If you change your mind you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter at all times by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cookies we use at www.utopiast.com an be grouped into the following categories:
– Essential cookies: Some of the cookies on our online services are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested – for example a cookie that enables you to log into your account on the website, or one which allows communication between your browser and the website. You may not be able to use our website without these cookies.
– Website functionality cookies: These cookies enable you to browse our online services and use features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
– Website analytics cookies: We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use our online services. This allows us to continuously improve our online services and your shopping experience.
– Social sharing cookies: When browsing or shopping online, our online services will remember preferences you make (for example your user name or location). This improves your experience and makes your browsing simpler, easier and more personal to you.
In order to access certain areas or features of our site you need to agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support section on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. More information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.